I used to hate the phrase “playing favorites”. Didn’t you? It seemed so unfair. Just because someone in authority liked somebody else, the favor was bestowed on them. As in a teacher’s pet. Or the glad handing back slapper who was promoted over you. Hmmm. Could that be considered a type of grace? I’m not a theologian but I do know that the word “grace” means “unmerited favor”. Isn’t that exactly what God gives us… unmerited favor? Doesn’t He play favorites with His children. He bestows blessing after blessing on us and sometimes it is not deserved. He is a good, good God and always working things out for our benefit even when times are difficult. That is but one reason out of many to give Him praise every day. Imagine, the Creator of the Universe is working behind the scenes to create good in our lives and even when we don’t deserve it. Talk about playing favorites. I shudder to think about what my life would be like without Jesus Christ. He was sent by God to make all our lives better by His death and resurrection. If anyone did not deserve to suffer and die, it was Jesus. He lived a sinless life, yet He took on our sin and paid the price that we may have the free gift of eternal life by faith. As a result, we are redeemed and enabled to have fellowship with a Holy God. (Can I get an Amen?) That is Grace at its finest. It really does come down to playing favorites.
In another definition of “playing favorites” as in your favorite Christian Music, is an important function of SnT Radio.com. If you listen then you already about the breadth and depth of our playlist every day. This Saturday, SnT Radio will spotlight some memory joggers… Songs you haven’t heard played on the radio in quite a while. The album artwork corresponding to many of these songs is posted for your perusal. I even picked out a couple of album cuts that were “turntable hits” from back in the day like Barry McGuire’s Baby Huey, Quaismodo from Lifehouse, and the Francis Schaeffer inspired The God Who Is There by Gerry Limpic. If you’re like me, Noel Paul Stookey’s Wedding Song from 1971 was sung at my Wedding service. It is good to hear these from time to time and remember those times in our lives. It can keep you young at heart. The list is deliberately shorter than the usual 24 so that several will be repeated throughout the day just in case you can’t listen all day long. So enjoy the music and the memories!
MEMORY JOGGER Playlist
1. Electrovoice by Dan Peek from Electrovoice.
2. Ugly Louise by Dove from Dove II
3. Caught In The Crossfire by Limpic and Rayburn from Crossfire
4. Quasimodo by Lifehouse from No Name Face
5. Wedding Song by Noel Paul Stookey from Paul And
6. Remember Whose Child You Are by Dogwood from After the Flood and Before the Fire
7. One Way by Danny Lee & Children of Truth from One Way
8. Keep the Flame Burnin’ by Debbie Boone from Surrender
9. Heaven (Into My Soul) by Edin – Adahl from Into My Soul
10. A Shield About Me by Donn Thomas from Live Wires
11. Baby Huey by Barry McGuire from Inside Out
12. Where Are The Heroes by Dennis Agajanian from Where Are The Heroes
13. Oh Happy Day by Edwin Hawkins Singers from The Real Thing
14. The God Who Is There by Gerry Limpic from Gentle Touch
15. How Can I Keep From Singing by Rich Mullins from Winds of Heaven, Stuff of Earth
SnT Radio.com will play one song approximately every hour from this list beginning at 12:00am EST Saturday, October 22, 2011.
Please visit our SnT Radio.com LIKE Page on Facebook or tweet us #SnTRadio on Twitter. Tell your friends this blog and refer them here www.sntradioblog.wordpress.com
You are encouraged to join the SnT listener community and make a comment or share your personal memories by clicking on Leave a Comment just beneath the title.
You can even rate this blog. Next time you’re listening to SnT Radio.com http://www.sntradio.com check out the SnT Archive by clicking on the SnT Archive tab.
You’ll be very pleased at what you find there. Then visit http://www.snt-ARK.com.